George and Mary Horner founded Horner Electric Inc. in 1949. The business began by providing quality electric motor repair services to the industrial customers in the Indianapolis area.
In 1969, Horner Electric moved to its current location on East Washington St. in Indianapolis, Indiana. Over the years Horner has expanded its services to incorporate many other areas of service to its customers. Some of these are the distribution of quality electrical and electronic products, design and manufacture of third party PLC modules, mechanical repair services and predictive maintenance services. The addition of these services has developed into two very distinct divisions within Horner Electric. These divisions are the Advanced Product Group and the Industrial Sales and Service Group. The Advanced Products Group (APG) is directed by Phil Horner the eldest son of George and Mary while the Industrial Sales and Service Group is directed by their second son Alan. Both Alan and Phil were brought up working every aspect of the business and began to develop their own areas of expertise. Phil's interest headed in the direction of industrial control systems and related products while Alan's remained with the service and repair the company was founded on.
The two divisions have continued to enjoy tremendous growth and what began as a one man shop in 1949 is now a company of more than 150 employees. The APG Division now has locations in Luxembourg and Cork, Ireland along with its Indianapolis facility. The ISS Division is now comprised of the Apparatus repair shop, Field Service, Electro-Mechanical Diagnostic Services (EMDS) and Indiana Fan & Fabrication. For more information on any of these areas click on the appropriate button above.