The PROFINET system redundancy allows the assembly of system-redundant systems (S2-system redundancy). The purpose of using fault-tolerant automation systems is to reduce production downtimes, regardless of whether the failures are caused by an error/fault or are due to maintenance work.
The SINAMICS S120, G130, G150 and S150 PROFINET control units support PROFINET system redundancy as from FW V4.8.
Precondition for system-redundant systems is a H-system which consists of 2 fault-tolerant controls – master and reserve CPU – which are constantly synchronized.
* No system downtime in the case of a controller failure
* Component replacement possible during ongoing operation
* Configuration changes possible during ongoing operation
* Automatic synchronization after replacing components
* PROFINET-IRT is not supported
* No simultaneous operation of Shared Device and Shared I-Device
* Maximum 2 cyclical PROFINET connections
* System redundancy only via the onboard interface of SINAMICS PROFINET Control Unit
* For the duration of switching from one controller to the other, the setpoints of the last connection remain frozen and valid.