SIRIUS 3RV21 Motor Starter Protectors can be easily and flexibly combined with other SIRIUS devices to reduce space requirements and wiring costs. The 3RV21 Motor Starter Protectors ensure short-circuit and overload protection, switching, and offer particularly efficient operation and are suitable for multiple applications areas where automatic reset is needed.
Functions and Applications - SIRIUS 3RV2 Motor Starter Protectors (MSP):
* Short-circuit protection: The short-circuit release disconnects the faulty feeder circuit from the mains within a few milliseconds in the event of a short circuit (current >13X rated current). This ensures the prevention of major damage (risk of fire!).
* Overload protection: The overload release disconnects the load from the mains if it is loaded with an overcurrent over a specific period. Release is effected in accordance with a specific current time characteristic curve. This ensures the prevention of damage to the load and system. The overload release also trips in case of phase failure or extreme phase asymmetry.
* Switching: The MSP is equipped with a lockable operating mechanism for manual switch-on / switch off (e.g. for repair purposes).
Advantages Compared to Legacy 3RV1:
* Performance increase (S00 up to 16 A, S0 up to 40 A -30HP)
* All MSP now with rotary operating mechanism
* 10 – 20% reduced power loss compared to 3RV1, resulting in lower surface temperature
* Spring-loaded and ring terminal connection systems up to 32 A
* Plug-in link modules with spring-loaded connection system
* Easy assembly of motor starters, thanks to plug-in main circuit wiring (for devices with spring-loaded connection)
* Comprehensive and uniform accessories for S00 and S0: - Disconnecting module for size S00 - Signaling switch, shunt release, undervoltage release with / without leading auxiliary contacts with spring-loaded and ring cable lug connection
Functional Principle –SIRIUS 3RV21 MSP:
SIRIUS 3RV21 Motor Starter Protectors with overload relay function
* Available in sizes S00 and S0 from 0.11 - 32 A
* The MSP does not disconnect in case of overload
* Overload is signaled via side-mounted auxiliary contacts 1NO+1NC
* The motor starter has to be disconnected via a downstream contactor
* Automatic reset (reset of auxiliary contacts)
Automatic / remote reset with SIRIUS 3RV Motor Starter Protectors:
* Automatic reset only via SIRIUS 3RV21 MSP
* Elimination of an overload relay
* SIRIUS 3RV21 MSP with overload relay function (1 device)
* Attractive price compared to conventional solutions (approx. 5-10% lower)
* Fewer devices and reduced wiring
* More space in the control cabinet
* Reduced power loss in the control cabinet as one thermal overload relay per starter can be eliminated