Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Industrial Automation
Job Type: Applications Engineering
Education: 4 Year Degree
Mechanical Experience: 0- 3 year(s)
Travel: Up to 25% in state travel. Training travel 2 times a year out of state
Relocation Covered: no
Post Date: 1/19/2011
Ref ID: Utah-: Application Engineer.
Email: (only) email@example.com
AAP Automation has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Application Engineer located in Murray, Utah.
AAP Automation Utah, a branch office of The Advance Air Products Company, distributes and designs innovative products and solutions that address Factory Automation for and including the Energy industry, Medical Manufacturing, food Processing, Aerospace, Automotive, Packaging, Process Control and system integrators. We distribute and represent global leaders including AAB, Bosch Rexroth, Parker, Firestone, Wago, and SMC to name a few.
This position is part of our Sales support group in the Automation Business Group.
• Responsible for new and existing product development, introductions and application support at customers.
• Developing and transferring the product and process application knowledge to the customers and the local technical teams.
• Interface closely with marketing, technical community in charge of developing the products and the local technical community in charge of long-term support of the product.
• Develop expertise in the new products prior to their market introduction and will be responsible for introduction of the products at customers through the customer acceptance phase which includes process optimization and customization, early stage troubleshooting and process stabilization at the customer site.
This role requires up to 25% of time traveling within geographic territory (home every night). Selected candidate will participate in achieving the company quality/sales goals and will operate in compliance with company safety practices.
This position is responsible for the following accountabilities
• Process/Design/Implement applications on and off customer site.
• Product introduction support to the broad market
• Solution and problem solving, supporting product by supporting its designed targets in the customer\'s manufacturing environment
• Customer\'s satisfaction with the functional performance of the product
• Local customers technical teams are trained and equipped for sustained support beyond early introduction and stabilization phase (candidate responsible for training )
• Each projects goal is clear and understood among the team defined by Territory manager
• Results are clearly documented and communicated to business unit(Utah staff)
• Operates in compliance with company safety and ethics practices.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree required
• Will consider new graduate; prefer experience in factory automation/ process control / mechtronics experience
• Experience in DOE, statistical data analysis and technical reporting
• Knowledge of all pertinent fabrication metrology and procedures
• Highly motivated and results-driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels in the organization especially during customer interfacing situations.
• Maintains a high level of safety awareness and is a vocal safety advocate in all operations.
At AAP Automation, we are incorporating automated solutions and technology to improve the lives of people around the world. We are accomplishing this by empowering our people to lead change. To recognize their outstanding efforts and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered unique in our industry.
AAP Automation Offers:
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• Quarterly bonus pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
• 401k – 100%up to 3% matching funds, 50% match on the 4th and 5th percent
• On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
• Paid company training
• Career experiences that can span different businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work on premier team with colleagues in different locations
*Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required for this position.
AAP Automation & Advanced Air Products continues to provide support for the Leading Technology Manufactures in the Industry; if your equipment goes down, or you need consultant engineering support for OMRON, BOSCH REXROTH, PARKER, SMC, COGNEX, SICK, PIAB, THOMAS and many others. We are the Factory Authorized support throughout Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and New Mexico. AAPA... read more