Looking for an opportunity to stay or move to Montana? Industrial Automation Consulting may have just the opportunity you are looking for! We're hiring a Senior Project Engineer to manage and support the techinical aspects of control system and data acquisition projects as well as contribute to the sales efforts and client development. This position includes developing project estimates and bid proposals, defining project budgets and attending key events such as tradeshows and conferences within targeted industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer and develop project estimates and proposals.
• Develop project documentation.
• Support equipment fabrication and installation.
• Provide guidance on technical and professional development of staff.
• Coordinate with lead and support engineers to ensure successful completion of projects.
• Ensure sound engineering procedures are used on all projects.
• Develop preliminary project designs.
• Provide accurate and complete communication of project requirements to project team.
• Assume role of Project Engineer and/or Control Engineer as required by IAC’s resource needs.
• Responsible for maintaining quality throughout the company.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar technical discipline from a four-year college or university; plus five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Knowledge of bid proposal documentation and ability to interpret technical specifications and plans.
• Extensive familiarity with PC based communication networks and current design techniques.
• Strong working knowledge of automated control system theory as well as extensive knowledge of control system hardware and software.
• Strong aptitude for trouble shooting controls and communication hardware and software.
• Ability to communicate effectively with IAC management and project teams, clients, and vendors.
• Strong programming skills for Allen-Bradley controllers and ability to quickly learn and effectively program similar controllers from other manufacturers.
• Travel and on-site work 35% of the time.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• 40 words per minute keyboard skills.
• Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus on a continual basis.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time uninterrupted.
• Ability to use hand-eye coordination as well as hearing and sight 100% of the time.
• Ability to work solo in a quiet atmosphere.
• Ability to navigate through industrial construction environments without risk of injury.
• Able to identify tasks and their importance.
• Driven to completion of tasks.
• Attentive to details and time management.
• Desires to work in a changing and growing environment.
• Team player.
• Able to work alone as well as with a group of people.
Industrial Automtion Consulting (IAC), is a control system integration firm providing all aspects of security and automation engineering as well as information system management. Our mission is to help our clients achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets through the integration of real-time control and information systems. Integrity is our bottom line. Our client base consists of sma... read more