Industrial Automation Consulting has a great opportunity for you to work and live in Big Sky country! We're hiring an IT Programmer who will provide the additional support for control system and data acquisition projects as well as assist in the development and software enhancement of a project. This position will report to Lead Programmers and Project managers for troubleshooting, customer satisfaction and finished projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop assigned software code structure and code as assigned.
• Assist Lead Programmer with interface development, integration with hardware, software performance analysis.
• Research and evaluate software development tools.
• Report to the Lead Programmer/ Project Lead.
• Responsible for maintaining project quality on assigned projects
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, plus at least one year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and project documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business .community.
• Ability to effectively present information to IAC management.
• Development, testing, and documentation of software applications using efficient programming techniques.
• Development of industrial operator interface (HMI) applications.
• Revision of existing programming to reflect new requirements.
• Understanding of complex programming techniques such as object oriented programming.
• Data description languages (SQL, XML, ASP.Net, PHP).
• Communications network skills (LAN, WAN, Intranet, and VPN).
• IT administration and support skills.
• Strong aptitude for trouble shooting, and communication of programming issues.
• Ability to take direction and lead.
• Ability to communicate effectively w/ project team, IAC management, vendors, and customers.
• Travel and on-site work 20% of the time.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• 40 words per minute keyboard skills.
• Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus on a continual basis.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time uninterrupted.
• Ability to use hand-eye coordination as well as hearing and sight 100% of the time.
• Ability to work solo in a quiet atmosphere.
• Ability to navigate through industrial construction environments without risk of injury.
• Able to identify tasks and establish priorities.
• Driven to completion of tasks.
• Attentive to details and time management.
• Desires to work in a changing and growing environment.
• Team player.
• Able to work alone as well as with a group of people.
Industrial Automtion Consulting (IAC), is a control system integration firm providing all aspects of security and automation engineering as well as information system management. Our mission is to help our clients achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets through the integration of real-time control and information systems. Integrity is our bottom line. Our client base consists of sma... read more